Welcome to the Bishopstone Village website. The village is located in the beautiful valley of the River Ebble (or Chalke Valley), 5 miles south-west of Salisbury in Wiltshire and within the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village can date its history back to the 12th century when it is first recorded as the parish of Bissopeston in 1166.
This website contains a huge amount of information about the village and about the parish more generally for both visitors and those who live here. Click on the main navigation bar to see sub-menus with information on current village events, about the church of St John the Baptist, the work of the Parish Council, the lively programme of activities in the Village Hall or for an electronic copy of the parish magazine – STaB. There are photographs of the village, accounts of the village’s history and information about local schools, pubs, shops and other services.
Go to Home/Virtual Tour to make a virtual tour of the village. Please note: information about the village Emergency Plan is now located under the Parish Council tab, as is a new page with full information about current planning applications in the village.